Taking advantage of the Digital Now E-learningMay 28, 2020 by Jairo Guzmán
The digital learning or E-learning has turned out to be one of the most used tools all over 2020, this is due to the isolation contingency caused by Covid-19.
Schools and Universities all over the world must have migrated to this type of synchronous (live) or asynchronous (recorded) remote classes methodologies. However, educational institutions have not been the only ones taking advantage of this tools, companies have also used them for completing their onboarding processes and training their collaborators.
This have been so because the remote working has made the need for the personnel to develop new skills clear, so they can easily adapt themselves to the remote working new normal, but are you really properly training your work teams?
Following, we would like to give you a digital now e-learning good practices list in order to guarantee your company´s resource usage, whilst you develop new skills and abilities on every work team member.
Table of Content
- Digital now E-learning benefits
- How to know whether your company needs it
- How to implement E-learning in your company
- The four most effective formats
- choosing the best facilitator to train your personnel
Digital now E-learning benefits
This learning modality is scalable and gives the students the opportunity to progressively advance, at their own pace, in the achievement of each objective of the course. Also, contents, when well designed, allow you to give consistency to the knowledge while making it easy to retain, analyze and relate the contents with each other.
The flexibility of this learning modality also represents a huge benefit in terms of saving time and resources, especially when classes are asynchronous, because the facilitator has more time at his disposal for assisting the students.
Likewise, E-learning is a training technique friendly with the environment, because reduces the carbon footprint by eliminating both, tests and handbooks printing, which may be saved in the cloud, thus allowing access and consultations from wherever in the world at any time.
Note: Do not forget that every sustainable business demands conceiving products as well as services, which implies having learning environments suitable for this purpose.
How to know whether your company needs it
It is easy to assume that your collaborators have all the needed abilities for performing their tasks when doing remote working, but it is important to remember that we are in a changing market and each member must be trained to ensure his/her ongoing adaptation. Just check on the following list, and if any of these aspects is present in your business, then it is time to implement E-learning:
- There are knowledge voids or gaps in some of the work team members.
- You have lots of teams or people that must be trained (this includes onboarding processes).
- Face to face interaction is not possible for the personnel training.
- You are exploring or innovating in a new market, with a new product and/or new tools.
- You are under a digital transformation process.
- You have career plans as incentives for your collaborators.
- Your company is under an expansion to new cities, countries and/or industries process.
How to implement E-learning in your company
- Begin by choosing the platform, the best to do is quoting at least three of them so you can be sure of choosing the one that adapts the best to your requirements. In fact, at InterNexa we can help you with this item. Contact us and one of our advisers will accompany you through this process.
- Establish your learning goals, including the skills each member must acquire once their training be over.
- Design each lesson searching for the attainment of the learning objectives.
- Frequently make and ask for feedback, thus the E-learning experience improvement will be constant.
The four most effective formats
For your work team training it will be crucial to get each concept connected with its practical applicability on real world, such as:
- Considering each position real problems, thus your collaborators will be more practical at their works.
- Giving challenges that allow them to face complex situations in which they must search for solutions.
- Creating optimal options that, in spite of been similar to one another, allow the collaborator, through the tipping points taught in the course, to recognize the correct one.
- Always avoid confusing scenarios, use simple, clear and realistic events that can be configured as a challenge and be solved in a logical order.
In case you want to present metrics or numbers in your contents, you can rely on our basic guide for information analysis with indicators, in which you will find the best practices to present statistics, and also a color pallete that will make the interpretation easier.
Choosing the best facilitator to train your personnel
Just make sure that the facilitator be:
- Highly qualified in the management of the digital tools needed for the training.
- Knowledgeable about adults learning manner (andragogy)
- Good listener.
- Responsible with schedules.
- Social and kind.
- Unafraid of challenges.
- And the most important thing of all: creative.
Did you know that at InterNexa you can find the perfect ally for choosing your E-learning platform? Contact us so we can help you.
We accept the challenge of accompany you through your company´s digital transformation, therefore, every week you will find new tools that will allow you to guarantee your business continuity in the digital now. Do not forget to register on our Newsletter and follow us on FB and LinkedIn so you will not miss any of these key tools.